OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 16 Oct 2006 19:25:22 -0400391_US-ASCII I made a quick visit to the Deer Creek Reservoir this afternoon. Unfortunately it turned out to be a crappy day with rain or drizzle the whole time I was there, so birding was limited. The water level is finally being let down there, and mudflats are beginning to appear at the north end near Pancoastburg. Some of the birds seen at the few vantage points I checked included : [...]40_16Oct200619:25:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:11:57 EDT
Sightings at the North Park on Oct. 21/22:

Great blue herons
Canada geese
Amer. goldfinches
Mallards
Song sparrows
Turkey vultures
Ospreys - 2
Red-tailed hawks - 2
Pied-billed grebe
Eastern bluebirds

Sightings at Main Park on Oct. 21/22:

Ring-necked ducks - 1M, 2F
Green-winged teal - 23
Wood ducks - 17
Amer. coots - 4
Pied-billed grebe
Gadwalls - 2
Amer. widgeons - 2
Canada geese
Mallards
Yellow-rumped warblers
WB nuthatch
Carolina wren
TVs
Coopers hawk
Northern flicker
Eastern bluebird
Great blue heron

Backyard list for the week:

Ruby- and golden-crowned kinglets (lots!)
Least flycatcher
Downy woodpeckers
WB nuthatches
Tufted titmeeses
Dark-eyed juncos (incl. 1 Oregon female)
White-throated sparrows
Carolina wrens
Blue-headed vireo - It was a SOLITARY one.
Yellow-rumped warblers
Amer. robins
Yurp starlings
Mourning doves