OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2006

From:
Paula Lozano <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paula Lozano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:05:07 -0400
Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rocky River Park & Bradstreet's Landing, Rocky River, 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Observers: Paula Lozano & Bob Finkelstein

This morning it was very windy along the lakefront! There were strings of
mergansers flying East and West but too far out to identify. In addition,
there were thousands of Ring-billed Gulls between the mouth of the Rocky
River and Bradstreet's Landing. Allso, at Rocky River Park we saw 4 Common
Loons (1 flying East & 3 flying North to South) and 2 Red-tailed Hawks
hovering at treetop level west of the park.

Backyard birds on Granger Avenue, Lakewood, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Observers: Paula Lozano, Bob Finkelstein & Jan Ranahan

Cooper's Hawk - 1
Winter Wren - 2
Hermit Thrush - 2
Fox Sparrow - 1