OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:23:35 EST
Sometimes a day can make a great deal of difference. The last time I  checked
Hoover Reservoir for waterfowl activity the water was practically void  of
activity. Today I initially went to see if the Eared Grebe was still off the
boardwalk at Area M. It may be the only bird I didn't find as it managed to
elude me. It may still be there but it didn't make an appearance for me.
However, waterfowl are arriving en masse which probably didn't help to find the
Eared Grebe. The bay off the boardwalk had hundreds of ducks and later when
checking at Oxbow Road and on southward I observed waterfowl the length of  Hoover
Reservoir.

Birds observed included:

Common Loon    6
Pied-billed Grebe    17