OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
Bill Heck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Heck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:31:00 -0500
The red-throated loon seen earlier on the Caesar Creek lake was seen
again yesterday about 11:30 am.  Mary and I found it near the same
location as previously reported, off the Furnas boat ramp.  This time
the loon was well out in the lake almost straight off the ramp.

While we were watching the r-t loon, a common loon was polite enough to
land a few hundred feet from it, providing a nice comparison.

Other than the loons, Caesar Creek was remarkably un-birdy, with only a
single coot visible from the boat ramp.  No birds at all were on the
lake near the nature center, giving us a total of zero gulls for the
day.   A few Carolina chickadees, titmice, and blue jays were the only
other avian representatives in the area.

--
*Bill Heck*
University Data Administrator