OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
Larry Gara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Gara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:11:42 -0500
After a long dry period Cowan Lake is again starting to attract the migrants which go through this part of Ohio. This morning there was a nice variety of waterfowl even without any rarity. Most were seen from the beach.

c. 100 Ring-billed Gulls
Pied-billed Grebe
Hooded Mergansers (always neat to watch)
1 Redhead
Bufflehead
Lesser Scaup
Gadwall
Mallard
Red-shouldered Hawk (H)
Killdeer

I also checked the lake at Melvin Gravel Pit and found nada. However, one of the workers told me there had biien many ducks there earlier in the day so it is worth checking.

Fall Weather Cheers,  Larry Gara
                                      Wilmington, Ohio