OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
john petruzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john petruzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 19:30:56 -0500
I'd like to add in addition to what Ethan Kistler posted today for Mosquito
Creek Wildlife Area:

SNOW BUNTINGS - 8

RED-NECKED GREBE - 1

We ran into Ethan today while birding and he directed us toward what he
thought may have been a possible red-necked grebe.  After much searching,
and with several loons around providing false alarms, we located the bird
off the causeway.  It still had an impressive amount of coloration, with a
very rusty neck and with its greyish cheeks and black cap still somewhat
distinguishable as well.

The snow buntings were seen at the same location, as well as the same flock
of tundra swans, which flew directly over us.