OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:29:55 EST
As we enter the stage for final preparations for the 2006 Audubon Christmas
Bird Counts I would like to remind those interested in participating in a CBC
to  check _www.audubon.org/bird/cbc_ (http://www.audubon.org/bird/cbc)  or
the Ohio Ornithological Society Web Site for a CBC circle near you. There were
59 CBC circles in Ohio in 2005, thus there is likely to be one close to you.
As  compilers we always welcome individuals to join us and help make the counts
a  success.

For those in Central Ohio I invite you to join us for the Hoover Reservoir
Count (Southern Delaware/ Northern Franklin Counties) on Saturday, December 16,
 2006. To get more information, I can be contacted at 614-891-5706 or
[log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) .

This will be the 51st Annual Christmas Bird Count for the Hoover Reservoir
Circle. Several areas of special note within the circle include Hoover
Reservoir, Alum Creek Reservoir, Westerville Reservoir, the Olentangy River,
Inniswood Metro Park, Sharon Woods Metro Park, Highbanks Metro Park and Camp  Mary
Orton.

The main assembly point for the circle is the parking lot at the Hoover
Reservoir dam on Sunbury Road, north of SR 161. We will gather at 8:00 AM at the
parking lot to break into area teams.

This year Suzan Jervey, Naturalist at Highbanks Metro Park and Allison  Shaw,
Naturalist at Sharon Woods Metro Park have scheduled public programs at
their respective Metro Parks to do the Christmas Bird Count. I also have a team
that will cover Camp Mary Orton in the Worthington area. For the latter I can
be  contacted for more details.

All are always warmly welcome and appreciated.

Charlie Bombaci, Coordinator
Hoover Reservoir Christmas Bird Count