OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
Glen Crippen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glen Crippen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:49:37 -0800
I paid a visit to Lake Logan (Hocking County) early this morning in hopes of locating the Red-throated Loon that was reported being present this past Saturday and Sunday.  I had no luck in locating the bird, however I did have a very vocal Common Loon which was pretty cool for a 25 degree morning in November.  Visibility was poor due to some rising fog off the lake and I was unable to identify some distant birds which I think were mostly Coots but deserved a better sorting through and study.  I think the area that deserves more attention is the cove opposite the beach area.  Perhaps the RTLO(s) could still be there.

Short list:

Common Loon - 1
Pie-billed Grebe - 15+
Coot - 100+