OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:04:16 -0800
Yesterday 11/20 at Sims Park (2:30-3:15pm)North
12-15mph was able to find about 30-31 Scoters.

Black Scoters 10, Surf Scoters 19-20, White-winged 1M
I believe there may have been more White-winged but,
the lake was choppy and they were in with Red-breasted
Mergansers and Goldeneye who also kept coming out of
the water flapping their white wings confusing the
issue.

Today, 11/21  (4-4:30pm) North-no wind - I did not
spend enough time looking for the birds as I was
running late and went on another wild goose chase.  I
saw three different groups of Scoters for a total of:
Black Scoters 7, Surf Scoters 12
Hooded Mergansers 4 (1M)
Goldeneye, Bufflehead, Scaup

Unless someone else could update the numbers I will
have to look again tomorrow.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts OH

Sponsored Link