OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 12:51:50 EST
We were at Gordon Park this AM well before light, at that time only one
boater/fisherman had gone out. When we were able to see, only Ring-billed Gulls,
Mallards and a lone Greater Scaup hen were observed.
We saw 1 Common Loon and from where Kevin Metcalf and Bill  Deninger were,
they observed another. Bill told us that he had seen a  Black-legged Kittiwake
at the discharge over by 72 St. which many observers saw.  Ray Hannikman got us
onto a jaeger which most agreed was a Pomarine  Jaeger.

On leaving we stopped back at Gordon Park and observed a juvenile
Double-crested Cormorant. At Cleveland Public Power, there were 5 Horned Grebes
swimming together.
There also was a juvenile Red-tailed Hawk.
We stopped at the Cemetery the last couple nights to find no merlin.   The
gray phase Screech Owl was there both nights. When heading west out of the
cemetery on the road that parallels the RR Tracks, the roosting tree (Maple) is
just opposite the section 11 sign, about 30' up.
Lou Gardella
Lori Brumbaugh