OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
Clyde Witt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clyde Witt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:50:06 -0500
Armed with enough optical equipment to open a small retail shop, this morning Susan Jones and I
headed for the Lakefront to try to relocate the possible Yellow-billed Loon (PYBLO). Cuting through
the CVNP along Canal Road we found an immature Bald Eagle (near the Valley View police station)
and a Paregrine Falcon. Later the pair of falcons were in the same location on the Cingular sign next
to I-480 where it crosses over Canal Rd. Heading north on I-77 out of the park we had a pair of
mature Bald Eagles soaring and before we got to Gordon Park we added a couple of Red-tailed
Hawks and an American Kestral.

At 55th Strreet Marina we had three Killdeer flying over.

As others have reported, no sign of the PYBLO.

We found the Brant with the Canada Geese at Gordon Park, along with Common Goldeneyes,
Buffleheads and Red-breasted Mergansers.

Many of the same birds were at Sims Park in Euclid, plus a half dozen Surf Scoters.

Clyde Witt/Susan Jones