OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
Benjamin Winger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Winger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:36:31 -0800
Greetings,

I haven't seen any other posts yet today, so I just
wanted to mention that the immature BLACK-LEGGED
KITTIWAKE was still offering good looks at E. 72nd
Street in Cleveland today (11/24) as of ~10:00 AM,
cavorting among the large flock of Bonies.

Additionally, Phil Chaon and I visited Sims Park
yesterday afternoon, where we saw a group of 5
WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS (4 female/imm. types and 1 male,
I believe) very close to the bluff (the closest ducks,
in fact) as well as 15 female BLACK SCOTERS further
out, among the scaup.  We failed to find any Surf
Scoters, however.

good birding,

Ben Winger

Cleveland Heights, OH