OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:38:03 -0500
Bill and Ohio-birders,

Great topic especially in light of some recent events on the list and the
guidelines re-write.

My opinions:

1) The new guidelines are very well written and address more clearly and
more specifically this list's purpose than the old guidelines.  Thanks.

2) I'm glad to see bird feeding topics not specifically outlawed in the
new guidelines.  I wouldn't want to see this list turn into a bird feeding
dominated forum, but I'm glad to see the forum open to bird feeding
postings.

3) Per the guidelines, I wish more posters were diligent about including
directions even to heavily birded places - there are lots of beginners and
people new to the state here.  Also specific locations within a park etc
that certain birds have been found.  I have e-mailed posters for specific
directions and have been pleased with the help I've received.

4) I'm pleased with the list - lots of postings are of interest and for
those that aren't - or don't seem to be based on subject line - I make
liberal use of the delete key.

Thanks,
Carlton Schooley
now at Dayton