OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
Gus Fargus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gus Fargus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:22:36 -0800
Hello Ohio birders. My name is Gus Fargus. I am helping my mother move back to Preble County. She has been sick but is okay right now. Thank you. These posts are intresting to me, as I am also a new birder and new to the list. I have problems typing fast. It amazes me how many words some people can type about kestrels or owls. I admre  the time and knowledge they have!! I only type with two fingers and it has taken me forever to write this much.

  is there a way to make it easier to post to the internet Ohio birds site? Maybe special codes could be made free for beginners to past faster?  and a section on bird books would be nice too. I have one from the library but I am not sure it is up to date.

  Like Tom said before I am also interested in rodents seeing as my mothers and mine feeder was forcedly taken down from our house in Indiana a couple   winters ago because neighbors said they were atracting rats! But do not some hawks and kestrels eat rats?

  There seeems to be many new birders in Ohio. I enjoy reading the posts and hope for  a place soon for my and their questions to be answered. Mother and I are debating putting up a feeder at the new house. We are not sure if the nieghbors will approve or if it will have a bad impact on local birds. That is now a worry. We have mostly chickadees, titmice starlings and sparrows. Maybe in time we will have more.

  Thank you for your time
  Gus Fargus
  Indiandpolis now but soon to be Preble County I HOPE!!

  p.s. pileated woodpecker with a red head was a new life bird for mother and I today!