OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 19:05:47 EST
A Ross' Goose is hanging out with a flock of Canada Geese along Route 535  in
Fairport Harbor.  According to a guy who works nearby, the bird has been
there for "a couple of weeks."  It was first seen and identified this  morning by
Ray Hannikman who was kind enough to take me and my broken ankle  back to the
site.  This bird is a pure adult, no indication of  hybridization at all.
Check the north side of the road at the old Diamond  Shamrock site among all the
Canadas.  Sometimes the bird goes out of sight  behind the rise so if you
don't see it at first, wait and hope!

Suzanne Wagner, Pepper Pike