OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 16:38:32 EST
This morning Linda and I ran errands and regretted not being able to get  out
on such a nice day. After lunch we had a small window of opportunity so  we
went over to Sharon Woods Metro Park to take a walk around the multipurpose
trail. On this occasion birding was not our objective. However it's hard not to
bird when a pair of Barred Owls are sitting on the edge of the trail. One was
 only 10 feet from the trail and the second was about 20 feet further back.
Linda  and I quietly enjoyed their cooperative behavior and watched them for
about 15  minutes. It was surprising how many people passed with no idea that
these  marvelous birds were there. Hopefully they will cooperate for the
Christmas  Bird Count on December 16th. Then while driving back to the house I was
stopped  at a traffic light when we looked up and watched an adult Bald Eagle
soar over  us. We must have been doing something right today.

Charlie Bombaci