OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
Kevin Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:51:55 -0500
A Greater White-fronted Goose remains on Sunset Pond near North Chagrin
Nature Center, Cuyahoga Co. this morning, first spotted yesterday afternoon.
Right now it is easily visible from the nature center. This is only the
second one we have had here in the past decade or more. The local Canada
Geese typically leave the pond for much of mid-day and come back in the
evening. Not sure if the GWFG will follow their pattern.

North Chagrin Nature Center is in North Chagrin Reservation, located in NE
Cuyahoga Co.(eastern suburbs of Cleveland), off of S.O.M. Center Road,
Mayfield Village. Mapquest does not work with the address.

Also, the Grandview Hts. (Columbus area) Western Tanager was still present
as of about 10 - 10:15 a.m. Saturday, 12/16 - m.obs. The group of birders
there at the time last saw it fly east from the usual spot.  Thanks to Mr.
Weaver (if I recall correctly) for first spotting the bird as it sat like a
stone in the middle of a shrub.

Kevin E. Metcalf

Naturalist

North Chagrin Nature Center