OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:14:27 EST
Steve Drew contacted me and asked that I post a sighting of a SNOWY OWL by
he and his wife. Steve said that the owl has been present for several days and
that it has been alternately perching on telephone poles and in the nearby
fields.

The location of the Snowy Owl is northeast of Circleville. Steve provided
the following directions for the location: The Snowy Owl is viewable from
Commercial Point Road, 1.6 miles north of Florence Chapel Road, close to SR 104.
This location is between US Rte 23 and SR 104. The Delorme reference 68 C  (1)
& (2).

Thanks to Steve for sharing this information.

Charlie Bombaci