OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2006 06:26:57 -0500
We have had up to five White-throated Sparrows
in our yard for about a week. They like to feed
under a row large yew bushes. Yesterday one in
beautiful plumage was feeding with a couple of
House Sparrows. A female Cooper's dropped
down next to the bushes. The birds took cover,
but the hawk went right into the tangle after them.
Three birds flew out with the hawk following
closely after one of them. They disappeared
behind the garage, so I have no idea which
bird came out the winner.

Elaine Snively
Massillon OH