OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
Jimmie_Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jimmie_Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 01:56:12 -0500
I had the Merlin in two different locations in two days.
Thursday, many birders enjoyed the Merlin on the north ridge pine tree
located on the ridge behind the Masolium. It was first located at 10:45
a.m (I was looking from 8:15 a.m.) and stayed in this same tree until 2:30
p.m. It did come and go many times during this period, but was back in a
few minutes each time.

Today (Friday) I had the Merlin at 9:40 am (looking since 8 a.m.) in the
tree directly in front of the Masolium. It moved amoung three trees, all
dirctly in front of the Masolium. It was visible until 10:30 a.m. after
which I could not relocate it. I searched 'til Noon. Odd No Merlin in the
famous North Ridge Pine Tree.

I have been visiting the Merlin so frequently that it now waves at me when
I arrive, REALLY I even have a picture of it waving!!!
http://www.jimmiec.com/gallery/photo.php?
photo=1142&u=4161|0|...&pass=nonpub

I also looked for the Snowy in Circleville Thursday, it was a no show.

Jimmie Campbell