OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
manon vanschoyck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
manon vanschoyck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2006 08:10:55 -0500
I beleive that Dick Tuttle of Delaware County has worked with maintaining
kestrel boxes and banding them. Dick, of course has worked with bluebird
trails for years and is very involved with Osprey platforms in central Ohio.
Might be interesting to see what his kestrel records indicate.
In Licking County I have perhaps seen a slight drop in kestrel populations
in the last 11 years.But it's nothing that I've documented. My two education
kestrels did foster 3 orphaned babies this spring which I released. It was
cool!

                                Manon VanSchoyck
                                Ohio Nature Education