OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
Paula Lozano <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paula Lozano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2006 18:39:48 -0500
Sunday, December 3, 2006, 12:45-1:15 p.m.
Bishop Road/Golfview Lane/Aberdeen Business Park, Richmond Heights, OH 44113
Directions: Use Map Quest
Observers: Paula Lozano & Juan Lozano

This is a reliable place to find snipe in Cuyahoga County in December.
However, it is being developed, with one office building and its parking lot
almost completed. By this time next December, I'm guessing that this habitat
will not exist.

Hooded Merganser  -  6: 2 females & 4 males, pond at south end
Great Blue Heron  -  1, pond at south end
Red-tailed Hawk  -  1, perched in woodlot west of Golfview Lane
American Kestrel  -  1 male, on fence on Bishop Road/NE end of Cuyahoga
County Airport
KILLDEER -  43, open area on west side of Golfview Lane
WILSON'S SNIPE  -  19, wet, grassy area where Golfview Lane curves north

Paula Lozano
Lakewood, Ohio