OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
Lynda Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynda Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 08:13:17 -0500
Thank you Bob for the info on what the mockingbirds were eating.   Hearing
about the habitats that birds are being found in, whatever the season and
the wild food items they are feasting on is what I relish (no pun
intended).  Working for a land management agency and contributing to the
prescriptions on how we manage the land finds me savoring this type of info
from the list .   Good Luck on finding the ferruginous hawk.

Lynda Andrews
Wildlife Biologist
Wayne National Forest
740/753-0550 voice
740/753-0118 fax

Adopt a Shelter Pet...They Didn't Have A Choice!
Please Spay or Neuter Your Pet

             om"
             <[log in to unmask]                                          To
             Sent by: Ohio                                              cc
             birds
             <OHIO-BIRDS@LISTS                                     Subject
             ERV.MUOHIO.EDU>           [Ohio-birds] Muskingum Co.
                                       meadowlarks

             12/04/2006 02:08
             PM

             Please respond to
                    om"

Our usual one over-wintering mockingbird, seasonally silent, is feeding on
rose hips,
bittersweet, etc. around the edge of our successional field on the back
ridge.

Bob Evans
Geologist, etc.
Hopewell Township, Muskingum County
DeLorme 70 A1
(Currently in southern California, where I unsuccessfully sought my lifer
ferruginous hawk
this morning. There is one that has been hanging out at an abandoned Marine
airbase
nearby.)