OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
"TUCKER, Casey" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TUCKER, Casey
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:13:13 -0500
Hi All,

Around 4:00 p.m. today, after work, I stopped by the corner of Fairview Ave. and Merrick Rd. in the Grandview neighborhood of Columbus to look for the Western Tanager reported by Rob Thorn yesterday.

I ran into John Kuenzli and Ben Warner and shortly after parting company with the two of them I was able to find the Tanager hover-gleaning honeysuckle fruits in a large bush behind an ivy-covered wall on the eastern side of Fairview Ave.  It fed for a short time before flying southward.

I was able to snap a few quick photos before the bird flew off.  It was pretty active and didn't sit still for any real length of time.

You can find a few rough photos here:

http://caseybirdphotos.blogspot.com/

Thanks & Good Luck,

Casey