OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2007

From:
Paula Lozano <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paula Lozano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 13:44:29 -0500
Monday, January 1, 2007, 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Parking lot at Big Met, Rocky River Reservation, Cleveland
Observers: Chris Saladin, Bill Deininger and Paula Lozano

Bill Deininger called to let me know about this bird. About 10:30 a.m. he
was driving by the parking lot at Big Met and noticed Chris Saladin, who had
her scope on a bird in a large dead tree. As soon as he pulled into the lot,
Bill saw the Merlin, too. (According to Chris, this bird has been there for
two or three weeks.) After Bill's call, I went down in the valley and found
the Merlin, a juvenile, perched in the same spot.

Paula Lozano
Lakewood, Ohio