OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2007

From:
The Reiners <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Reiners <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 20:58:53 -0500
Hello, all!

            Sorry for the late post.  My dad (Bill Reiner Sr.) and I scoped
out this area on Saturday morning and found the following:

-Canada Goose

-Mallard

-Am. Wigeon

-Scaup sp.

-Pintail

-Several other species, all PLASTIC (maybe wood, I couldn't tell)

Obviously, the duck hunters are still quite active here.  As a result,
waterfowl was almost nonexistent.  However, the "regulars" were still
present.  The highlights include:

-NORTHERN SHRIKE

-AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN

-GREAT EGRET - hanging out by itself "downstream" of the marina off S.R. 207

-Red-breasted Merganser (2)

-Hooded Merganser (3)

-Pied-billed Grebe (6-8+)

-Ring-billed Gull (20-30+)