OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2007

From:
Gus Fargus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gus Fargus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:16:36 -0800
Hello. I am sorry to hear that Hooters would not sponsor the owl symposium at Heuston Woods!! That is disappointing. I often eat at their restaruants when I am traveling. I guess they want to reach a diffrent demographic of people? Still, bird watchers can be out in big numbers for their events. Should we contact the Hooters's headquarters to let them know by way of friendly letters that advertsing bird watching events is not a bad thing? I should stress not mad letters but friendly letters. If more corporations know about bird events like the owl event coming up, they might think twice if approached again with a sponsorship request.

  I wish I could go to the owl symposiom but I will be out of town working again. It sounds like fun.

  Thank you for your time

  Gus Fargus
  Preble County sometimes Indianapolis currently