OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2007

From:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:51:00 -0500
Hi all,
Fascinating to read Bill's report of Rich McCarty's displaying American
Woodcock! That's the third report of this that I know of this January. I had
one displaying on the Kingston Bird Count on January 1 in Ross County, and I
remember someone talking of one they had about a week ago. Can't remember
who or where it was - if you are reading this, let us know.
On the botanical front, I've seen the floral equivalents of displaying
woodcocks. Forsythia in bloom, one of the non-native cherries with flowers,
Black Mustard blooming, not to mention 3 or 4 other small species of weeds
flowering. This is most definitely not normal for January.
Jim McCormac
Columbus, Ohio