OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2007

From:
David Collopy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Collopy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 05:33:34 -0800
Hi folks, I went out to Spring Valley to see what is out there. All the water birds are on the pond by the plant off rt. 42. Of interest there was one Cackling Goose, some Herrings Gulls and two Canvasbacks.There are hundreds of Canada Goose and it is a good opportunity to study the different sub-species.  The feeders at Spring Valley is where all the birds are and I saw beautiful looks at White-Crowned Sparrow, Fox Sparrow and my first of the year Field Sparrow and female Red-Wing Blackbird. I quickly went to Caesar Creek and didn't find much of anything. The weather was poor but the birds were hard to see just two Coots and a few Ring-Bills. Dave Collopy