OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2007

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 24 Feb 2007 19:08:11 -0800561_iso-8859-1 Stunning ice crystal vistas, accentuated by gliding raptors made for a truly memorable trip to the Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area and surrounding vicinity today. My hopes for a shrike were not fulfilled, but I was not disappointed. Today's totals were: Bald Eagle - 4 Northern Harrier - 3 (all female) Red-shouldered Hawk - 7 Red Tail Hawk - 28 Rough-legged Hawk - 3 American Kestrel - 2 Cooper's Hawk - 1 Turkey - 37 Eastern Bluebird - 31 The area can be found in the Delorme map on pages 42-43 and is centered in A5. There is a rectangle formed [...]45_24Feb200719:08:[log in to unmask]