OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2007

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 11 Feb 2007 22:29:12 -0500373_iso-8859-1 I spent the last couple days in Northwest Ohio and primarily birded from
Maumee Bay to Castalia. There are a lot of great birds around up there if
you spend the time looking. In all I had 24 species of waterfowl over the
two days. What surprised me were the lack of hawks. I saw more along Rte 2
from Huron to Lorain than I did up in that area. [...]44_11Feb200722:29:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:33:06 EST
I just observed at least nine Lapland Longspurs, one Snow Bunting, and  about
two dozen Horned Larks foraging right next to my car just north of the
intersection of McCartney Rd and Rt 6 west of Sandusky (DeLorme 38 A3, where the
"MC" of McCartney Rd is printed on the map).  This area is just south of
Medusa Marsh.

Sheryl Young
Sandusky
4:30 PM