OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2007

Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:04:20 EST
Two Merlins were seen this afternoon at Calvary Cemetery in Garfield Heights.
In my opinion, they  appeared to be the same birds I have observed in
previous years, especially  the male. The female was in Section 85 and went to roost
at 6:18 p.m. I followed  her as she headed low and north until I lost her in
the trees. The  male was in a pine in Section 83 and was still there at 6:31
p.m. when I left to  look for the Eastern Screech-Owl in Section 11. However,
while I  was out of state, the tree was cut down!!!!! (I hope  to relocate it.)
Also observed:
American Kestrel - 1, male
Canada Goose - in 4 groups (31, 23, 14, and 4  landing)
Ring-billed Gull - 17, flying over
Delorme 41A6
Lou Gardella

http://www.aol.com.