OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2007

From:
Jay Stenger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Stenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:23:04 -0500
My son, Jack Stenger, asked me to post the following report from his visit to Hoover Reservoir earlier today.

Jay Stenger
Cincinnati, Ohio
_________________________

I visited Hoover Reservoir in Delaware County today (28 Feb 2007) from 3:40 - 6:00 p.m.  The overwhelming majority of waterfowl were seen in the open water south of the Sunbury Rd causeway.  There were 19 species of waterfowl in that pocket.  In the two hours I was there hundreds of waterfowl came and went.  The only other open water visible was a small
sliver north of the causeway.  The find of the day was a
vulture roost consisting of 24 Turkey Vultures and 3 BLACK VULTURES on Meadow Brook Lane, just south of the intersection of Sunbury Rd. and Redbank Rd.

Highlights:

4,000 Canada Goose
4     Mute Swan
22    Tundra Swan