OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2007

From:
The Reiners <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Reiners <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 21:52:34 -0500
Flying gulls told me there was open water here somewhere, and there was - a
tiny bit.  It had some nice stuff, too.  If it stays open, it is best
visible from the first picnic area south of the beach parking lot (Delorme
67: D-7).  Here's the abbreviated list:

LONG-TAILED DUCK - 1

Common Goldeneye - 10

Red-breasted Merganser - X

Hooded Merganser - X

Redhead - XX

Pied-billed Grebe - 2

Mallard - XX

Gadwall - X

American Black Duck - X

Northern Pintail - X

Green-winged Teal - X

Canada Goose - XX

GREAT BLACK-BACKED GULL - 1 (it left soon after I saw it)

Herring Gull - X

Ring-billed Gull - XXX (lots of brief fly-bys)

There might have been more, had I not had a date with a warm car interior..
Keep warm out there!

Eric Reiner

Ashville, Ohio