OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

From:
chris followay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
chris followay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:58:15 -0700
Hi,

        The Kirtland Bird Club took a trip to Killdeer Plains on Sunday.  We didn't get any owls except for short-ears, but doesn't we didn't do well.  We had an EARED GREBE on the Reservoir with a group three Horned Grebe.  We a great look at a NORTHERN BOBWHITE on C.R. 108 just south of C.R. 77.  It was on the near side of the ditch that runs between the road and the pond.  Later that evening we went to the sportsman center to look for owls. Just as we pull up to the ditch on the west side of the parking lot out flew a WOODCOCK.
  As we went to see where it went we scared up two more.  As it turn out there were several in the fields around the sportsman center.

  Tundra Swan
  Trumpeter Swan
  Canada Goose
  Mallard