OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:24:41 -0400
Hi all,

I went on the Columbus Audubon's birding expedition to Green Lawn Cemetery
this morning. The rain was nice enough to stop before we started our walk.
It was a bit hazy at first but cleared up into a nice day. By my count we
identified 28 bird species. The walk was ably led by Michael and John, and
I, for one, appreciate their effort and expertise. Here's my list of what we
saw:

Canada Goose xx
Mallard 1M 1F
American Robin 2
Song Sparrow 2
Northern Flicker 1
Dark-eyed Junco 5
Northern Cardinal 2M 3F
Eastern Phoebe 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1M
Fox Sparrow 2
American Crow 1
American Goldfinch 3
White-throated Sparrow 4
Red-winged Blackbird 1M
Eastern Towhee 3M
Mourning Dove 2
Brown-headed Cowbird 1M 1F
European Starling 3
Carolina Chickadee 1
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1 Adult 1 Juvenile
Chipping Sparrow 1
Hermit Thrush 10
Blue Jay 2
Field Sparrow 1
Killdeer 1
House Finch 1M 1F
Downy Woodpecker 1M

I hope I got this right!
Steve

--
"On ne fait pas de musique contre quelqu'un"