OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

From:
Roger Troutman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Troutman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:30:52 -0400
For the participants of the Shreve Migration Sensation, this is the report
(that never made it back to the school where the talks were presented) for
the birds seen at the Funk Bottoms Wildlife Area DOW Observation Tower
between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with a few additions for additional numbers
seen from SR 95 only.

Observation conditions: fairly good to ideal after the fog lifted circa 9
a.m.

Any additions seen on Saturday March 24th on the Wildlife Area would be
appreciated (either numbers or species). Please send to me off list.

The numbers in the "Binoculars" column were observations that could be
counted/identified with a birder of average experience with a good pair
of 7x binoculars.

The Telescope only column (additional numbers) would require the use of a
moderately good spotting scope of 20x or greater to have identified.

The Rt. 95 column includes additional numbers (and species if not seen from
the tower).

     Common Name
 Binoculars
 Telescope only