OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:49:54 EDT
Since Martindale Rd. and Old Springfield Rd. are closed due to flooding of
the Stillwater River, we walked from the closed gates east on Old Springfield
Rd. and west on Martindale Rd.  Saturday and Sunday morning  sightings:

Northern mockingbird
Song sparrows (everywhere!)
Brown-headed cowbirds
Hooded mergansers
Am. crows
Eastern meadowlarks
White-throated sparrows
TVs
Grackles
RWBBs
Killdeers
Eastern towhee
Great blue herons
Brown thrasher
Tree sparrows
Tree swallows
Blue-winged teal
Wood ducks
Eastern phoebe
Pine warbler - heard
No. flicker
Red-bellied woodpecker
Am. coot
Field sparrow
No. shovelers
Red-tailed hawk
Coopers hawk
And all the regular "stuff"

Also saw first butterfly of the season for us.  We didn't have our  butterfly
book so guess it will just have to be "A QUESTION  MARK"?

Ed and Bev Neubauer
Englewood, Ohio