OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:07:41 EST
_Click  here: Sandusky Register Local News Doing it for the ducks_
(http://sanduskyregister.com/articles/2007/03/01/local_news/doc45e6c16504684908614426.txt
)
or
_http://sanduskyregister.com/articles/2007/03/01/local_news/doc45e6c1650468490
8614426.txt_
(http://sanduskyregister.com/articles/2007/03/01/local_news/doc45e6c16504684908614426.txt)

Today's Sandusky Register contains the story "Doing it for the ducks"
announcing that Ed Moxley of Vickery was named Ducks Unlimited's Ohio Volunteer
Conservationist of the Year.

For 35 years, Mr. Moxley has been the owner of 224 acres we  birders  refer
to as Medusa Marsh.  In 1998 he put an easement on his marsh through  a federal
wetland reserve program ensuring that the marsh will remain  protected.

Mr. Moxley is quoted as saying, "It will be there long after I'm gone,  and
that gives me a great deal of satisfaction.  I love waterfowl.   They've given
me a lot of satisfaction over the years.  I want to enable  future generations
to be able to enjoy what I've been able to enjoy."

On behalf of Ohio's birds and birders, thank you Mr. Moxley.

Sheryl Young
Sandusky

http://www.aol.com.