OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

From:
Andi Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andi Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 15:32:09 -0500
We (Steve Wolfe and I) took a drive around the Columbus metro area to look
for ducks today.  First spot was the Scioto River just south of 5th Avenue.
The list of birds seen include:

Lesser Scaup (xx)
Red-breasted Merganser (3 male)
Hooded Merganser (7 male, 4 female)
Mallards (xx)
Canada Goose (12)
Snow Goose (11, white and colored morphs)
Ring-necked duck (x)
Ring-billed gulls (ca. 200)
Common golden eye (x)
Belted Kingfisher (1)
Redhead duck (x)

Next stop was the Scioto below Greenlawn Dam

Lesser Scaup (x)
Hooded Merganser (x)
Mallard (xx)
Common Goldeneye (x)