OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

From:
John Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 20:10:47 -0500
These Metroparks are in Montgomery County (Dayton). FOY = First Of Year

At Eastwood I had:

Canada Goose
Mallard
Canvasback
Ring-necked Duck
American Wigeon
Common Goldeneye (Female)
Carolina Chickadee
Wood Duck
Hooded Merganser
Belted Kingfisher
Bufflehead

At Twin Creek:

Crow
White-throated Sparrow
Tufted Titmouse (very vocal)
Grackles
Red-breasted Nuthatch (FOY)

Robin (they were making so much noise flipping leaves looking for food
that it sounded like an army going through the woods)

Starling
Cardinal
Hermit Thrush (FOY)

American Woodcock (I was able to watch it probing the soil for about 5
minutes before it realized I was there. I was only about 20 feet away. I
went back later to watch the skydance that started about 6:45. It was
early enough that I was able to watch the bird through binoculars as it
circled overhead).

Fox Sparrow (2)
Downy Woodpecker
White-breasted Nuthatch
Canada Goose
Mourning Dove
Barred Owl (third time heard in three weeks from this area)
Eastern Towhee

Good Birding

John Habig
261 Lantis Dr.