OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

From:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 23:11:08 -0500
This evening just before 6:00 pm 13 Sandhill Cranes circled the east end of
Cowan Lake and dropped into a clear area just beyond the easternmost picnic
area.  To reach the area, enter the park from SR 350, go straight to the
boat launch and bear right.  The hardtop ends in about 50 yards.  Park and
walk east through the picnic tables and across a small bridge.  After a bit
of woods, the area opens up again.  This is where the sandhills were last
seen.

The Tundra Swans were found again this morning, but were gone by the
evening.  The Ross's Goose was not seen today (that I know of).  The only
other species of waterfowl of any note was six Common Goldeneye this morning
near the dam.

Cheers,

Bob

--