OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:18:50 -0500
Greetings!

I was fortunate enough to see the spotted towhee at 12:40 yesterday afternoon (03/06) and got wonderful scope looks, as the bird appeared at least four different times, for around 5+ minutes at a visit, from 12:40-1:30. It always seemed to come from the back and left of the small conifer during each visit and also liked to provide, to those present, longer and less accommodating looks as it scratched around on the edge of the brambles to the left of the conifer and down the hill a bit.

Cheryl Harner was present during my visit and host Jan showed-up just before we left for home. Again, please make sure to sign Jan's register. It is in a plastic container by the small garage door, on the left side of the garage, near the corner of the shed. Jan also placed a wonderful bag of Oreo's in there for cold and weary birder's! Thanks, Jan!

Jason Larson, New Concord