OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

From:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:56:37 -0500
Hey Everyone!
Grand Lake St Marys is hosting a flock of 25 Tundra Swans!! They were seen
along US127 south of Celina in a corn field just before noon today.

Also, there are many, many species of ducks at the Lake.
Northern Shovelers; Horned Grebe;  A Coot; Ringneck ducks; Scaup, Wood
ducks; Common Mergansers; Great Blue Herons are staking claims on the nests
in the rookery. Four Snow Geese, Canada Geese (Many Wild ones); Buffleheads,
Hooded mergansers; and E Widgeons.
I also saw one DC Cormorant :-(

And as Aaron said, check out the areas for Redtail Hawks. In my area, I have
noticed at least 6!!

And there was a flock of 25+ TV's over Saint Marys Wednesday -- they were
asking directions to Hinckley. If they are in Cleveland, someone definitely
gave them the wrong directions!!!

For info reg our two Bald Eagle nets one is incubating, the other will begin
next week!

What a great life!!
Don't you just love living in OHIO in the Spring!!!

Thanks to Aaron, Paul, etc for a good workshop in Toledo last Saturday.

On another note (WOW, what a lengthy note)
TriMoraine Audubon Society is sponsoring a workshop March 24 9a-4p at Wright
State University Lake Campus Room 172m on Monitoring the St Marys River
IBAs. Cost is $10.00. Tom Bartlett and John Ritzenthaler will be presenters
for this date.

Also, April 10, 7:30 pm (same place) TMAS is sponsoring Jim McCormac
presenting the HISTORY OF THE ST MARYS RIVER.

We would LOVE to fill the auditorium with interested people. Besides what
better time to rub elbows with these guys.
Hope to see some of you.

Thanks,
THINK SPRING,

Jill Bowers