OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

From:
"Warren, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Warren, Mary
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:30:39 -0500
No matter how many times one sees a bird, it's always exciting to see it
again for the first time each season!   I was off yesterday and went to
Resthaven Wildlife Area , Sheldon Marsh and Edison Woods.  (all in Erie
county)
Saw my first killdeer, they were singing everywhere.  When I stepped out
of my car at Resthaven I flushed up a woodcock. At Edison woods the
trees were filled with red-winged blackbirds singing away  (one of my
favorite sounds of spring)
This is the "in between time"  when we get to see our wintering birds,
and well as the spring migrants.

As for Magee, we are still pretty much froze up, but after the warm
weekend, a few more spots should open up.
A good report from Metzger's Marsh, just west of here, that there were a
fair number of waterfowl.

Hope to see many of you at our 15th annual Lake Erie Wing WAtch event on
April 14th.  Check out the full line up of great speakers at:

www.LakeErieWingWatch.org

Happy Birding!!

Mary L. Warren
ODNR-Division of Wildlife