OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

From:
j wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
j wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:57:14 -0500
Waterfowl are starting to move into Summit Lake. Only a small section was not covered with ice however. That was the section near the building where the creek / river runs into the lake. A Red-breasted Merganser and a Bonaparte's Gull were the best finds. Most numerous waterfowl were Common Goldeneyes, Hooded Mergansers, and Pied-billed Grebes. I also observed American Coots picking through and feeding in the feces of Canada Geese along the ice. Goldeneyes and mergansers were displaying as well.

Canada Goose, American Black Duck, Mallard, Northern Shoveler, Canvasback, Ring-necked Duck, Lesser Scaup, Common Goldeneye, Hooded Merganser, Red-breasted Merganser, Ruddy Duck, Pied-billed Grebe, Horned Grebe, American Coot, Bonaparte's Gull, Ring-billed Gull, Rock Pigeon, American Crow, Song Sparrow, Northern Cardinal.