OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:07:04 -0800
This morning I went to the Gordon Park Boat Basin near East 72nd St.  The dense fog moved in quickly obliterating the view so I walked the Dike 14 fence line instead and saw from 11:00 to 11:50am.

  American Crow  15
  American Tree Sparrow  2
  Fox Sparrow 1
  Song Sparrows  120+
  Northern Mockingbird 1

  Wildwood State Park from 12:30 to 2:25pm near East 167th & Lakeshore Blvd.
  American Black Ducks 2
  Hooded Mergansers  2 (m & f) in Euclid Creek
  Killdeer - 2
  Red-bellied Woodpeckers  2, Hairy 1, Downy 3, White-breasted Nuthatch 1
  Song Sparrows 15
  Northern Mockingbird 1

  Sims Park (Euclid) from 2:45 to 4:00pm large open waterways, the ice shelf is very close to shore
  American Wigeon  2 (m & f) sun was shinning on them, they were skimming the water with their bills back and forth right in front of beach rock pile area
  Redhead 1
  Ring-necked Duck 1
  Greater Scaup - at least 5
  Lesser Scaup - few dozen