From:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 16:35:06 -0400
Hi All,
Braving the COLD and SNOWY weather were the following:
Grand Lake St Marys
Villa Nova (second beach) an Osprey sat perched about noon till 1300 (That's
when we left)
Mercer Wildlife Area:

A COOT XXXXXXXXXX These birds have been present all around the Lake for more
than a week! They look so cute when they all begin to run across the grass
into the water!!

Greenwing Teal XX
Northern Shovelers XXX
Blue Wing Teal XXX
Double Crested Cormorants XXXXXXXXXXXX
Canada Geese - Many incubating in the tubs
Great Blue Herons - beginning to incubate or still selecting sites
Killdeer - running around the ground
A Kestrels - not incubating yet
Redwing Blackbirds - Singing their hearts out

AND THE BEST  !!!
A Great Egret flew across the area.
Then an Immature Eagle flew through!
And TWO little gray fuzzy heads popped up from our Eagle nest!!!

Think Spring

Jill Bowers