Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:31:28 -0400
  Well it was a bit cold starting off this morning, but we (the few and
the proud) did the morning birdwalk at kenyon college's BFEC (Brown
Family Environ. Center). It was a pretty good walk, but again, we
struck out on Warblers. They are most likely stockpiled some place,
staging and going to make a big push when the winds are right. We still
enjoyed views of the usual suspects and an interesting sighting of
Carolina Chickadee copulation. Also heard was a BROWN THRASHER singing.
The Bluebirds are building nests, and the Tree Swallows are claiming
boxes as well. Also seen was a SWAMP SPARROW, E. TOWHEES singing, and
GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS.
         SO I drove down the road after it all and stopped on Lower
Gambier Road (that parallels the Kokosing River) trying to hear a
Yellow-throated Warbler that I thought should have been  back by now.
Sure enough amongst the cardinals etc. I heard a lone singer, it was a
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER! My friend Lauren and I got out and listened
for a while trying to locate the bird, there were many Sycamore trees
around, and it seemed to be singing very high in a few of the trees
across the road. We did get pretty good looks and listens on a male
PILEATED WOODPECKER. so it was a nice day, not as nice as Mr. Glovers
;-).
       The BFEC is located along the Kokosing Gap Trail at 9781 Laymon
Road, Gambier OH (740-427-5050). All birders of all experience levels
are welcome and pretty soon here we should be getting some bigger
numbers of good migrants! We meet a little before 8:00 at the main
white building/barn structure for an hour walk on the grounds, every
Wednesday, and I'll try and let people know about the upcoming saturday
walks as well. Also feel free to visit and walk around anytime you
like. Lots of Bluebirds!

cautions about believing everything you read on this listserve are good
advice. Basically you learn who to believe after a while. And yes I
really did hear and see what I reported, haha. But actually Bill, I am
pretty sure that this guy believes what he is reporting... I could be
wrong tho. I think he is just making I.D. mistakes, his Sabine's are
most likely Bonaparte's Gulls, and his Arctic Tern, most likely a
Forster's. The birds he claims to only see a couple times a year are
birds that most of every other Serious birder sees only a couple of
times in their life! I don't know. Oh well.
      Good birding,
         = Ben Warner