From:
"Warren, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Warren, Mary
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:40:38 -0400
Birds seen at Magee Marsh by birders today

1. Great Egrets - 3
2. Great Blue Heron - 3
3. P.b. Grebe - several
4. A. Coots - too many to count
5. N. Shoveler
6. Lesser Scaup
7. Gadwall
8. Mallard
9. Green-winged Teal
10. Blue-winged Teal
11. Hooded Merganser
12. Wood Duck
13. Ring-necked Duck
14. Red-tailed Hawk - hawk watch group on tower
15. Red-shouldered Hawk - hawk watch group
16. N. Harrier - on the causeway
17. Sharp-shinned Hawk - hawk watch group
18. Bald Eagle - hawk watch group
19. Red-bellied Woodpecker
20. N. Flicker
21. Downy Woodpecker
22. Eastern Phoebe
23. Eastern Kingbird - 3 late in day on causeway!! first of the year
here!!
24. Blue jay
25. American Crow
26. Tree Swallow
27. Hermit Thrush
28. American Robin
29. G.C. & R.C. Kinglet
30. Brown Thrasher - heard
31. E. Palm Warbler - 2 early in day - boardwalk, 2nd warbler species
for the marsh this year!
32. Yellow-rumped Warbler - several now
33. Eastern Towhee - male and female
34. INDIGO BUNTING - 1 male on boardwalk late in the day!!! First of the
year; early?
35. D.E. Junco - feeders
36. Song, Swamp, Fox, A. Tree Sparrows
37. RWBB, C. Grackles, Rusty Blackbirds.
38. Winter & Carolina Wrens
39. Gray Catbird - seen late in the day.

Friday -3/30/07-  A YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD - was seen from the Tower
Just put it on our board. Sorry, we didn't find-out until today about
the bird !!!!
Please let us know at the center when you find new birds for the year so
we can
put them on the board right way. Thank you very much. Chris Knoll

Mary L. Warren
ODNR-Division of Wildlife
Naturalist
Magee Marsh Wildlife Area